Saturday, May 18, 2013

Two Block of the Month Patterns and More Delightful Embroideries by Anne H!

I had an email from a read my April 7 post and she liked my quilt "Jack". I had mentioned that I have a Block of the Month pattern for a simple block that was inspired by the same painting and that if there was any interest I would be happy to post the pattern.  So Janet, your request is my command. It is now posted it in Block of the Month (see April 2012). Please note it is not a pattern for this quilt but rather a simple block that was inspired by the same painting that inspired this quilt.

Jack, 2013

I’ve also published a new block pattern that was inspired by a painting by Cornelius Krieghoff, a painter who is known for his paintings of frontier life in Quebec, Canada. Go to Block of the Month and see May 2013 for the pattern. I saw a quilt that made me think of the painting. It is by Kathie Holland and you can see it here. I checked Kathie’s blog but the quilt was posted in 2009 and it doesn’t appear that her blog goes back that far.

It is a long weekend so I want to get out and have some fun! I'll leave you with a few more close-ups of Anne H (my Mom) embroideries! These are all original designs based on her flower garden. At almost 93 she is still an avid gardener. I find it interesting that she does such pretty, little (3" x 4"), old-fashioned embroideries and also the lively and colourful African quilts and wall hangings!

Bleeding hearts

Goldenrod and one lonely snail

Coral bells

Pink shooting stars (they will be blooming soon)

Until I post again, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment