Monday, July 29, 2013

Tiny World Make-Do Mug Pincushion and Another one of Mom's African Quilts for the Mennonite Relief Auction

I continue to stitch in the ditch  on Butterscotch Ripple and there is one more "ripple" in the border which needs tending to! Drat! Hopefully it will all be sorted out by tomorrow so that the real fun of quilting can begin!


I finished my fourth Tiny World Make-Do Pincushion. All the basics can be found in a pattern by Mimi Kirchner and once you have learned them, you can let your imagination run wild! I used a blue and white mug that I found at the local thrift shop. Around the bottom of the mug are the words "Farmer's Home - Winter".


So needless to say the theme for this one hand to be winter. Here is my tiny world mug!


I love the snow topped roof and evergreens and the silver snowflakes and silver beads on the ground!



Also Mom just finished her third small African quilt that will be sent to Renske Helmuth, an amazing applique artist! The quilted blocks will be assembled into two quilts that will be sold at the Mennonite Relief Quilt Auction. Each of Mom's quilts is unique, colourful and loaded with charm and personality! They'll be packed up and sent to Renske this week.
 
  


These are the first two African theme quilts she made for the auction.



It's a short post today but hopefully tomorrow I'll have a Butterscotch Ripple progress report! So until I post again, happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! Just one more thing to get addicted to....making pincushions! The list just keeps getting longer and longer!

      Delete
  2. Your mum has a fantastic sense of detail. Love all the little jewellery she adds to her quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right Lia! She does things with beads and thread that would never occur to me but when I see the finished product I am amazed. They are just ooze charm!

      Delete