Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I've got a secret to share with you!

Lia has just launched her second Secret Tote Bag Swap and sign up is open until August 29th and you'll get your partner information by September 1st. For those who have never participated in a swap I have to admit that Lia's last swap was my first. I signed up and receive my partner information. I knew who she was but she didn't know I who got her name. She provided information about her likes and based on that information I made her a bag. Someone got my name and I posted pictures on Flickr of what I like. We were given a deadline date for mailing the bags. I made this bag for my secret partner. It is appliqued with spiders, butterflies, dragonflies, bees and grasshoppers! I hope she liked it!



These are some of the little treats I tucked inside the bag that I sent to my partner; a large hexagon pincushion that I made, scissors with a scissors tassel that I made and a cute little zip bag for sewing necessaries! There were a couple of additional treats but I didn't take pictures.


And this is the bag that I received from my secret partner! It is beautifully quilted and it has nice long straps that slip over my shoulders. It is being well used! I love the fabrics.....browns, blues and greens!


Tucked inside the bag were some lovely treats!


And there were prizes to be won for participating in the swap. Lucky me won a custom made bag from Lia! It is so beautifully made - it looks like it was made by a professional. Lia did a terrific job and the bag is being very well used!


Tucked inside were some lovely treats! I can tell you that the Toblerone chocolate did not last long! And the pattern is for a cute little pincushion - I do love my pincushions so it was the perfect gift!


If you are interested in participating in Lia's latest tote bag swap pop on over to her blog for the details. I'll be signing up as soon as I put together my mosaic!

That's it for today. Tomorrow I'll update you on my progress on Picadilly to the Nines. It is coming along nicely!

Until I post again, happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Karen! We've got 14 people signed up from 6 countries at the moment, it's gonna be an exciting 2nd round :)

    ReplyDelete