Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Procrastination and craziness

I tested the backing fabric for Lazy Punk and the good news is that it does not have to be prewashed. Yahoo! The backing fabric is cut and ready to be stitched together. Once that is done I'll pin baste and then the quilting will begin. I think the pin basting is my least favourite activity but it is only because my sewing room is small and I have to pack things up and move furniture to be able to open up the table so that I can baste. I want to have the quilt finished by October 9th (YIKES) so I can take it for show and share at my quilt guild before I deliver it. So with the clock ticking what did I decide to do? Clean my computer desk. It is much tidier now!


I don't have any basting to share but I did receive a new book from Sew Sisters. They were having a special sale (29% off) so it was the perfect opportunity to purchase this book! There are lots of lovely decorative stitches in this book and it is very well illustrated. It will be a welcome addition to my collection of embroidery books!


I was thinking about what to test some of the stitches on and I remembered a little crazy quilt I started many years ago so I dug it out. It measures 9" x 12" so it is quite small.


There are lots of seams just screaming to be embellished so I may try out some of the stitches from Sue Spargo's book on this quilt. I've already embroidered a lot of little critters and plants and a few of the seams. Here are a couple of close-ups!

My initial, a little blue bird and carrots
 
A mushroom, grapes and hollyhocks
 
Enough procrastination - time to get to work on Lazy Punk. Well, maybe I will procrastinate just a little longer. There's a new printer that has been waiting to be hooked up for over a week now so maybe I should take care of that before I get to Lazy Punk!

Until I post again, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment