Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Pincushion and more Gardens of a King

There were several comments on the pincushion I showed on Sunday. My starting point was the Tiny World Make Do Pincushion pattern by Mimi Kirchner. I've adapted the instructions to suit my methods and the materials I had on hand. I also created some of my own design elements. The instructions in the pattern are well written and very easy to follow and I've had so much fun making Tiny World Pincushions. The pattern is available here. Yesterday's pincushion is part of a series of four. I found four demitasses at the local thrift shop and made four identical scenes however they changed with the seasons.


I've finished two more blocks in the Gardens of a King quilt pattern that I am testing for Missie. This is another one that I thought would be tricky but I spent some time thinking about the block construction and it paid off. The blocks came together very nicely!



Today I'm going to spend some time with a friend learning how to make coil baskets! I saw a couple that she made and they were beautiful so I'll be sure to take pictures and share the results of our labours!

Until I post again, happy sewing!
Karen H

6 comments:

  1. Your seasonal pin cushions are just wonderful! So cute in the demitasse cups. Have fun making the coil baskets. I have made a few and they are so much fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pincushions what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pin cushions!!! Thank you for the link to them :-) And more gorgeous blocks! The quilt will be such a work of art when done. Have fun with your coil baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pincushions are so adorable-must be too fun to use

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little tea cup pin cushions are just darling! Do you have a shelf you keep them all on and display them together? How many do you have in total? Such a cute little hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I love the new gardens of a King block! Makes me want to make another one!

    ReplyDelete